Title: A Workshop on Geometry and Optimization
A Workshop on Geometry and Optimization, in memory of Professor Victor Zalgaller, is scheduled to take place on December 9, 2020, via Zoom, in the Department of Mathematics of the Technion -- Israel Institute of Technology, under the auspices of the Center for Mathematical Sciences.
Organizing Committee: Michael Khanevsky, Simeon Reich and Alex Zaslavski
The list of confirmed speakers:
- Mark Agranovsky, Bar-Ilan University, On integrable domains and hypersurfaces
- Misha Gromov, IHES and New York University, TBA
- Bo'az Klartag, Weizmann Institute of Science, Steiner point and the problem of chasing convex bodies
- Russell Luke, Universitaet Goettingen, TBA
- Roman Polyak, the Technion - IIT, Nonlinear Equilibrium vs. LP for Optimal Allocation of Limited Resources
- Vladimir Shikhman, TU Chemnitz, On nondegenerate M-stationary points for sparsity constrained nonlinear optimization
- Alexander Solynin, Texas Tech University, When Analysis needs Geometry: How I worked with V.A. Zalgaller
- Oliver Stein, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, "A general branch-and-bound framework for global multiobjective optimization"